Skip to main content

SeeBaysh Software

Go Search

SeeBaysh Software > Web File Transfer Support Forum > email List while sending web link  

Web File Transfer Support Forum

Modify settings and columns
Welcome To SeeBaysh Software's Web File Transfer Support Forum

View: 
email List while sending web link
Hi, While sending web link of the file to other people via email, I have to add the email ID every time. Is there any way to enter the list of email IDs even at admin level? so that we can select from the list?. Because it is many a time difficult to remember the Email IDs
Posted: 4/16/2009 7:59 PM
Picture Placeholder: WEBSRV1\support
WEBSRV1\support
Navin

There currently is not a feature for this but we always welcome good ideas to improve our product. Would the best solution be to allow for an e-mail list to be created for each separate account that you log in as?

K.Bechard
Posted: 4/17/2009 7:25 AM
Thanks for answering.

I would suggest a email list created and maintained by admin as I am seeing this product as file transfer solution for internal network as well as external network. May be we can think of some thing like approval process to add new email ID. Just like submitting new account request.

As a security consern, I can forsee that if the user is allowed to send weblink to any email ID then data security will be very tricky. Yes we do have the log files but that will serve no purpose once the data is gone (downloaded).
Posted: 4/18/2009 2:29 PM
Navin

Good suggestion it will be in the next release.
Est time is 7 weeks
Posted: 4/27/2009 3:43 PM
Mmm.. I like the Administrative approval, but feel that granular selections are going to be better, even with the Internal users the various departments have different email targets.  I don't want to make it overly complicated but a user level and Company level  or something like that would be ideal.  At the administrative level having checkboxes for visibility on the user accounts, (i.e. Allow Company Addressbook?  Allow User Addressbook).  I used Company rather than Site because we also use this for Clients and Vendors, and I don't want this to be visible at that level.
I guess Global and personal would be better terms, and when the administrative staff approves the email they can determine where it will be visible, (i.e. globally or personal), between that and the checkboxes setting views on the individual users it should work fairly well for both internal and external users.