Skip to main content

SeeBaysh Software

Go Search

SeeBaysh Software > Web File Transfer Support Forum > customizing email notifications  

Web File Transfer Support Forum

Modify settings and columns
Welcome To SeeBaysh Software's Web File Transfer Support Forum

View: 
customizing email notifications
How can I customize the notification emails? I would like to add some basic instructions to the email.
Posted: 2/14/2011 6:49 PM
James

Can you give me an example of how you would like to customize the e-mail messages.

Posted: 2/19/2011 12:25 PM

James

Below are the release notes for v5.0 which should help in locating the files required to modify

For example to modify the e-mail message on the ftpupload page find the associated ftpupload.aspx file and edit the following line.

<data name="LogonToWebFileTransfer" xml:space="preserve">

<value> You can modify the text here .You can log on to the Web File Transfer System at the URL below.</value>

</data>

Pls note you will have to log out and then back in to see the effects. If you change the file and stay logged in you will get an error on the page.

I highly receommend you make your changes in a test environment.

Hope this helps.

Posted: 9/27/2012 9:33 AM
Hay, is there an optin to insert own text into the mails sent to the users? Regards Andreas
Posted: 7/10/2013 8:15 PM

Posted: 7/10/2013 8:18 PM
I have been trying to edit the notification email sent out after a file is uploaded but cannot find the message. I'm using version 5 and have looked at the aspx files in the ftpappl folder but cannot find where to edit the message. It does not seem to be in the ftpupload file.
Posted: 7/19/2013 12:42 PM

The file you need to edit is  ftpappl\App_LocalResources\ftpupload.aspx