Skip to main content

SeeBaysh Software

Go Search

SeeBaysh Software > Web File Transfer Support Forum > Option to disable sending Weblinks by default  

Web File Transfer Support Forum

Modify settings and columns
Welcome To SeeBaysh Software's Web File Transfer Support Forum

View: 
Option to disable sending Weblinks by default
Hay, to establish the function for sending mails, I have to allow relaying for the Web File Transfer server on my mailserver. To reduce risk of sending unauthorized mails over my mailserver I want to deny sending Weblinks by default and only allow for special users. Is there an option to disable this setting for all new users? Regards Andreas
Posted: 10/1/2012 12:32 PM

Andreas

The default setting for new users is to allow this feature . You will have to disable this after approving an account.

I suggest you utilize the UserID/Password setting for your email account in the Site Configuration to enhance security.

Posted: 10/2/2012 3:36 AM
Hello and thanks for your reply, independent of my mailsettings, every approved user will be able to send mails from the "email web link" window of the "web file transfer server" with any mailaddress to any recipient. So it will be possible, that an approved user send files over my server to anybody he wants. I want to deny this. I hope, it's now a bit clearer.
Posted: 10/4/2012 7:25 AM
If you want to disable somebody from sending a web link you just disable their ability to do this at the user account level by unchecking the Allow E-Mail Web Link option.